The Zonal Forum uses Loomio for online discussions, taking polls, and archiving documents. Participation on the zone’s Loomio board is restricted to current and past regional delegates, alternate delegates, and zonal trusted servants, and the information is only visible to them.
New regional and alternate delegates should provide their contact information using this form, and then the zone’s facilitator will provide them with a Loomio login.
The Loomio website includes a good help section — in particular check out the brief video introduction to Loomio. But if you just want to plunge in, here are the basics you need to participate on the zone’s Loomio board.
Disclaimer: we do not endorse or affiliate with Loomio. Links to Loomio on this page are included simply to make it easier for trusted servants to use it.
- Log in here: https://loomio.com. The system will leave you logged in even if you close your browser window, unless you explicitly sign out (and no need to ever do that if you are on your personal device).
- The main page shows various options, including “threads”, “polls”, etc. You can get back to the main page if need be by clicking “WSZF Official” in the left-hand column.
- Threads are like discussions on an email list, except that they are preserved on Loomio, it keeps track of who has seen them, and you don’t need the annoying email thing of including replies to replies to replies ad infinitum in the message itself. They are sorted most recent first.
- Click on a thread to read it.
- Click “Add comment” to add a message to an existing thread (this can include attachments).
- To start a new thread, pick the “New Thread” button — the Title will be like the subject line for an email, and the Context is like the body of your email message.
- Polls are asking for your input on some topic. Click on the “Polls” tab to access them.
- Members has a list of everyone with an account on our Loomio board. Click on your name in the upper left, and pick “Edit Profile” if you want to change what’s there, including uploading a photo. (Remember our Loomio board is private to the Zone, so there isn’t an anonymity issue with including a photo.)
- Files are all the attachments that were uploaded (useful if you know someone uploaded a file, but it feels like too much work to remember which thread it’s in).
- Subgroups include threads for some specific work group or task force.
- Notifications: decide whether you want to be notified by email whenever there is some activity on the Loomio board, only when someone asks for your attention, or never. To change this, click your name in the upper left, and then “Notification Settings”. Unless you asked to be notified whenever something happens on Loomio, be sure and check the zone’s board periodically.